10/05/2005

Super Powers

Have you ever wished that you had a super power? If you could have one, what would it be? Lately I've been giving this a lot of thought, not that I actually think I'll ever get one, but sometimes I'm bored and my mind wanders. There are so many to choose from: to be able to fly (without the help of mechanical contraptions)...now there's a good one. I could get from point A to point B without taking public trans, avoid all the traffic, just go for a spin when I feel like being somewhere else, fly on over to visit a few overseas friends (WDKY). Yes flying would be nice. But, there's Xray vision. Oh my. I wouldn't use it to see people naked...mostly I can get that just by asking nicely. If I had Xray vision I'd look through doors, walls, people. I say people because sometimes you have that annoying person who stands between you and something else that happens to be the object of your desire. If I had Xray vision I could look past them instead of pretending they are not there. I'm not very good at pretending. How about the ability to read minds? Dangerous. I'm not sure I want to know what's on the minds of most of the people I know. If I could read someone's mind, would I make different choices? If I could have read the minds of all the jerks I wound my heart around, would I have walked away before they had the chance to hurt me? Would I have seen that the only thing on their mind was how to get laid? Would I have cared? Maybe I would have let them get laid, but after it was done, I'd be the one to never call again. If I could read minds, would I be able to read my own more easily? How about having super strength as a super power? I'm not sure what I would do with this one. Maybe I could run circles really fast around the people that annoy me, so fast, they would never know what hit them. I could play any sport I liked, and always be the person the crowd is cheering for. I could battle the bad guys and always win. Maybe I could save people, maybe I could save myself. No, I don't think I want to be strong, then people would expect me never to cry...sometimes I like to cry. I know....how about if I could be invisible? Yes, this would be wonderful. I could go to movies for free, go backstage at concerts and check out the bands...and no one would ask me for my stage pass. I could scare people...how fun would that be? Make little noises like "oooooh, niccccceeee" while they are doing things they never want someone watching. Ha, I could really f*ck with people. I could be with whomever I wanted and when I got tired of being there, I could just invis myself. They'd be like, "What the f*ck happened?" I wonder if I could be invisible, would I be able to see myself? How about mind control. I could do so much with this one. First, I'd make people listen to me. I'd make them believe that what I'm saying, is important. I'd make the president smart and the politicians honest. I'd make people do what I wanted them to, like...I'd make that guy at the coffee joint leave more room in my cup when I ask him to "LEAVE ROOM FOR CREAM" so that it didn't spill all down the front of my shirt. I'd make that "schmoozer" that's in my department realize his nose is covered in brown sh*t. I'd make my boss realize that she wants to pay me more...and make me work less. I'd make that guy on the El realize he smells and that bathing is a good thing. Oh, I'd also make him realize that the smell of urine, is NOT sexy. I'd make all the guys who treated me badly realize "I am the best thing that ever happened to them." I'd make them cry, and I'd watch. If I could control people's minds, could I make them ultimately good people? Could I stop wars, make liars truthful, criminals non-violent? I guess mind control could get dangerous too if it landed in the wrong hands. I wonder if I could control someone's mind, would I make them love me? Maybe that's not mind control...maybe that's control over the heart which no one seems to have.

Super powers....maybe I have them already and I don't even know it.

9 Comments:

  1. NewYorkMoments said...
    I want invisibility AND mind control. Because I'm greedy.
    Networkchic said...
    hey sirreene, if you could take one power with you on your vacation with your ma...would it be mind control or being invisible?
    LDR said...
    Oh, I've thought about this one long and hard... and as bizzare as it sounds, I'd like Pyrokenesis. Yup. The ability to start a fire just by thinking about it.

    That pile of junk on the side of the house'd be gone. I'd be able to start a campfire with a thought. Warm coffee, pizza, a danish, whatever... all with a thought.

    I'd also be able to make annoying stuff disappear INSTANTLY leaving nothing but a pile of ashes.

    Yeah, it's probably a good thing I don't have it... I would'a fried my ex-husband beyond recognition. Probably The Cowboy too... but they deserved it... really.. well, sort of.
    Networkchic said...
    Now you know what they say about playing with fire....
    WDKY said...
    Listen, if I had a bit more control over myself it'd do for me! I bet there's a few guys out there who'd opt for some penile control though :-)
    k o w said...
    I have the power to empty beer bottles in under one minute.
    ... j said...
    mmm... stuper powers... I'd go for immortality, but I'd use mine for evil. cause, you know... evil will always triumph over good, ecause good is dumb ;)
    NML/Natalie said...
    Maybe you have a super power to dodgy guys that aren't worth your time ;-)
    Sky said...
    I have penile control :) I never realized it was a super power. For me, I think I would take mind reading. I would love to know what's on other people's minds so I could set them straight :)

Post a Comment