10/13/2005

To the Naked Eye

Now it's time to focus. Move those eyes from last week's position, to the windows of my soul. Can you tell who someone is by looking in their eyes? I think if you look hard enough, someone really can appear to be naked. You can look past the facade and see what their hiding. My grandpa always told me that if someone couldn't look you in the eyes when they talked to you, they were hiding some part of themselves they didn't want you to see. I wonder why that is...that you can tell who a person is by looking straight into their eyes. I'm not saying you can know everything about them, but you can know whether or not they are worth your effort or time. I think about all the people I've wasted my time on in my thirty some years of living...there are a lot of them. I'm trying to remember now - did I look in their eyes. Surely I didn't, or maybe I didn't look hard or long enough. Maybe I looked only deep enough to see my own reflection and it scared me, so I looked away. Maybe I didn't look at them, so they didn't look at me - maybe I was the one with something to hide.

17 Comments:

  1. NewYorkMoments said...
    You're not hiding anymore!
    Networkchic said...
    I suppose you are right. It's damn scary.
    WDKY said...
    (Sigh...) You've made it worse now.
    Networkchic said...
    Worse? Why? Sorry.
    WDKY said...
    You know what I mean. You have beautiful eyes.
    Networkchic said...
    Ah thanks. I got them from my dad...so I can't take the credit. It's one of those Black Irish traits I'm thankful to have.
    Anonymous said...
    its true..eyes do reveal something, if not a lot..the people who wernt worth my time wer the ones whose eyes dint look straight into mine...and some of the people who i consider close to me have the kindest eyes..i dont know how to explain that.."kind eyes".. but u just feel a warmth come over you..
    WDKY said...
    I'm thankful you have them too. I was thinking I might post an eye shot next week too (I'm told they're my best feature, which may or may not be a compliment!) but I remembered that Cat's choosing for me.
    Networkchic said...
    Kind eyes...they can make you feel warmth on the coldest of day.

    And WDKY, I'd love to see those eyes of yours.
    Blueprincesa said...
    I'm sure most of us have been both- the person hiding and the person they're hiding from.
    k o w said...
    I'd post a pic of my eyes but the only pic I can find online of me has me squinting in the sun.

    Although I think that could be appropriate for a blog.
    Robin said...
    Beautifully said. Happy HNT.
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Network, I like the way you write. Apparently, if someone is telling a lie not only do they tend not to meet your eyes, they also tend to look to the right.

    No idea where I heard that. Possibly on CSI, in which case disregard it!

    Eyes are incredibly important. I always know if someone in my life is truly important to me because their eyes will be etched in my memory.
    Networkchic said...
    Hey thanks, you are right. To this day I can still remember the eyes of most of the people I ever loved.
    NML/Natalie said...
    Nice eyes. You can tell that you're very pretty! Very brave to do a bit of revealing! I'm a wuss!
    LDR said...
    It's all about the eyes for me. The best way to meet new people is look them in the eyes and smile. I do believe it's a window to the soul... but I also believe some people are capable of shuttering the windows at times. Love the post. Damn, you're such a talented writer.
    Networkchic said...
    Hey thanks k...I feel the same about your blog.

Post a Comment