9/29/2005

I feel so stupid

Remember that time in your life when you thought you knew everything? For some of us, it wasn't that long ago. When I was in my twenties I thought I knew everything about everything. It's amazing what happens. The older you get, the more you realize how stupid you were back then.

Remember when....

you thought you knew what you wanted to be when you grew up
you believed someone when they said 'trust me'
you believed hearts really did mend
you thought the world was made up of good people
you thought if you treated people well, they'd give you the same in return
you believed your parents didn't know anything
you thought friends really were forever
you never thought you'd be lonely
you believed if you worked really hard, you'd go somewhere
you thought life was fair
you could sleep at night, regardless of what you'd done
you believed war would never happen in your country
you believed death was something that happened to other people
you didn't worry about failing
you didn't worry about paying your bills
you didn't worry about eating, or shelter, or making your mortgage payment
you believed, in something

Are we smarter now? God I hope so.

5 Comments:

  1. WDKY said...
    You know what, NWC? I still believe a lot of those things. And the learning has been a hell of a ride, anyway.

    Lovely post.
    Networkchic said...
    It has been one hell of a ride. Hopefully I don't fall off.
    NewYorkMoments said...
    That's why growing up s*cks.
    k o w said...
    I still hold to many of those ideas. Are you telling me things change? Sh!t.
    Todd HellsKitchen said...
    You asked me a question over on my blog the other day... The answer is the South Beach Diet...

    Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment