6/28/2006

the movement

I felt the baby kick...the one inside of me that is. I was sitting in my favorite chair trying to relax after trying to keep Alice in her bed which is sometimes stressful in itself, and as I let out a deep breath of relief I felt that tiny life I'm carrying move from one side of my belly to another. Although I've felt this feeling before with my first pregnancy it was just as amazing. The first time I was pregnant I would sit and concentrate on feeling any little flutter and when I finally did feel 'the real thing' I was scared and amazed at the same time. When you feel a baby move it somehow becomes more real to you. It's one thing to take a pregnancy test or hear a heartbeat or even see them on a monitor, but feeling them inside you reminds you of what precious cargo you are responsible for. I admit that during this pregnancy I have not been as diligent about trying to feel the baby but last night when my insides seemed to be shifting it reminded me that I must take time to feel everything about this baby because it is just as special as the first. Soon my little bundle will be moving about more frequently and kicking me on a daily basis which is really ok because when you think about it we all need that extra inspiration to keep us on the right track.

For those of you that have never experienced carrying a child or never will...find your inspiration somewhere...anywhere...just as long as it keeps you moving forward to some better place than you are right now.

9 Comments:

  1. Mama Dukes said...
    you darlin' are an inspiration
    Michelle said...
    I agree with Christine, you are an inspiration.
    I remember feeling my son kick while pregnant, it was a wonderful thing. It gave me hope in know that he was still ok in there.
    jake said...
    Hiya, I remember being kicked while I was in the womb....no joke. Take good care....
    Caterpillar said...
    When the time is right, I so can't wait to feel my baby moving inside of me!

    You have so much happiness and joy and hope in your life right now - it's so wonderful!
    Southern Sweetheart said...
    what a wonderful experience. I can't wait to feel that myself someday.
    Shannon said...
    may sound weird.. but I am sooo envious of you. I loved being pregnant, and loved feeling bayleigh move, it was alaway amazing
    I am sooo happy for you NWC
    :)
    did I tell you I will be a gramma... at the ripe old age of 29! LMAO
    my beautiful step-daughter is due 11-26-06...
    Blondie... said...
    Part of me is a bit envious too. I felt so protected and able to protect while I was pregnant... Its an experience that is soul shaking.

    Peace to you sweetie, you're such a beautiful person.
    Rex said...
    Wonderful.....
    NML/Natalie said...
    Jaysus you're really jerking my emotions today ;-)

Post a Comment