12/14/2005

we're all afraid

Thank you for sharing your fears with me yesterday, it helped me realize I'm not alone and fear is something we all experience. After I wrote that post yesterday I wrote an email to my sig. other about me being afraid. I was scared to send it to him, but I did, I was scared to read his reply, but I read it anyway. Turns out that he's just as afraid as me. I think this blog helps me more than I ever realized. It's sort of become this place to pour my thoughts, pain, emotions, into a place that I cannot be judged. The thing about releasing what's inside of you, it allows you to look at it, feel it, and let it go. Sometimes the letting go part takes more than one post, sometimes it takes many, but as the words appear on the screen it's a step toward something else. Most times that something else is freedom. I wrote my fears here on this blog and then I told them to the person I should be able to share everything with - but most times am too afraid too. He didn't judge me, instead he shared his own fears. I'm still afraid and I probably will be for a long time, but at least it's out there around us instead of between us. Fear is only as powerful as you let it be.

6 Comments:

  1. Blondie... said...
    "I'm still afraid and I probably will be for a long time, but at least it's out there around us instead of between us."

    That is so very true and profound.

    Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with your blog.

    ((hugs))
    WoodChuck said...
    Fear is like a vine that grows along side a healthy plant. It blends in and even seems to fit and add more life. First we identify it's choking whatever it's growing around. Then dealing with removing it can be very difficult the longer it's allowed to grow and be fed. There are some that are damn near impossible to completely uproot. Anyway, I've written way more than I needed to.
    JJ said...
    I see you!
    JJ
    Networkchic said...
    Chuck I love that song.
    JJ - I've been waiting for you.
    NML/Natalie said...
    I think it's great that you shared and you have highlighted something that we forget. Fears aren't so much of a fear when they are shared. Often it's never as bad as we think it can be.
    Robin said...
    You've been selected for my Wise Funky Bloggers weekly post. E-mail me at funkybug@gmail.com if you would like to post the accolade on your template, and I'll shoot you the code!
    http://funkybug.blogspot.com/2005/12/wisdom-of-funky-bloggers-issue-3.html

Post a Comment