12/25/2005

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas my sweet child, today Santa came and left you lots of toys. I hope you learn soon, that you cannot measure how much I love you by the number of presents you unwrapped this morning, although they were plenty, my love for you cannot be found in them. Instead measure the magnitude of my love by how many times I greet you in the middle of the night when you cry out to me. How often I hug you just because you are there, kiss your nose because of it's roundness, or smile at you when you look at me. Measure my love through the attention I pay to every detail of your incredible little self, and know that those details are stored safely in my memory. My love for you knows no limits and no boundaries, it will exist long after both of us leave this earth. I know it's nice to have toys my darling, but know that it's the love I have for you that will keep you company, keep you warm, keep you safe. Love is the most wonderful gift I could ever give you and I hope you learn to cherish it more than any material possession. Merry Christmas dear child, my hope for you is that on every day you celebrate my love as if you've just unwrapped a present.

3 Comments:

  1. Blondie... said...
    Like Wenchy said... Beautiful...

    I cried when I read it because it is exactly how I feel for Jimmy.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ((hugs))
    k o w said...
    Merry Christmas.
    TJ said...
    Beautiful post. I was thinking along the same lines when I sat down to write my latest post.

    Hope your holidays were wonderful and that you have a Happy New Year!

Post a Comment