12/16/2005

Released on your own recognisance


As far back as I can remember there has always been one day that I live the rest of my week for, Friday. Even as a kid I'd wake up on Monday morning thinking, "I can't wait until Friday." Fridays signify the end of one thing and the beginning of another. On Friday we can take off our 'grown up responsible mask' and put on our 'I want to be a lazy oaf mask,' although somehow my mask has become torn around the edges because I still manage to have a portion of the 'I have to clean the house' mask on underneath the 'lazy oaf' one. Not fair. On Fridays most people seem to be in a good mood regardless of how crappy a week they had. On Fridays we get to stop being someone else's puppet, cut the strings, and act out our own play. Well at least most of us do, somehow my opening act seems to be dictated by a very small puppeteer named Alice. On Fridays broken hearts seem less painful, maybe it's the relief from making it through the days before, maybe it's knowing you can drink yourself into oblivion to numb the pain or find some unsuspecting bandaid to doctor your wound for awhile. Fridays mean freedom. We get to unlock our cell door and take a gander at the outside world - at least until Sunday. So here is your hall pass for the weekend. Use it wisely, you only have a couple of days before your back in lock-up.

Happy Friday everyone.

12 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I know one guy who doesn't get a long with his wife very well, and Friday is his most unhappy day.
    Wenchy said...
    I find now that I am home my days just seems to swim one into the other... and I kinda loose track of which day is which...
    k o w said...
    The proverbial leash comes off each Friday afternoon when I remove my tie.
    Chick said...
    Yep...I'm hooked here.

    Thanks for opening me up to Alice Peacock (I'll be adding her to my iTunes today).

    I've had a hall pass for the past 2 days & have 2 more free days coming...I've been a lazy oaf & I feel blessed.

    Have a great weekend too.
    kimmyk said...
    I am going to spend this weekend cleaning and finishing up my holiday shopping...when i'm all finished i shall sit down and have a latte and be thankful!
    i hope you have a great weekend enjoying your sig other and your daughter!!!
    Caterpillar said...
    Happy Friday, NWC, and enjoy your weekend!!!
    WoodChuck said...
    It was a great Friday today - payday, got a bonus, and lots of our lawyers out of the office so got bunch of catch up work done. But it still seems to pale in comparison to the Fridays I remember. Fridays used to be like your favorite song you never want to end. Now it's sort of an old familiar tune. Still rich but not the same. Where's the mystery. Where's the adventure. What happened to the simple stuff that seemed so sweet.

    Happy weekend NWC.
    JJ said...
    Happy Friday to you too.
    I see you,
    JJ
    WDKY said...
    I had a lovely Friday, and I got myself released for good (well, bad) behaviour. And they're MY rules now :-)

    Have a brilliant weekend x
    NML/Natalie said...
    I love Fridays and deplore Mondays. Neils comment made me laugh! Have a good weekend xx
    ladylongfellow said...
    OK..it's no fun having the pass when you got nowhere to go, damn it! Can I save the pass and use it another weekend? Please? lol you just never know when you're gonna wind up in jail!

    I'm finished my Christmas shopping and everything is wrapped. This weekend I'm making cookies with the kids, cleaning and still working on my bedroom. Oh, and making 24 goodie bags for my sons holiday party -my god all the excitement!
    WDKY said...
    ps... LOVE that song x

Post a Comment