3/10/2006

You love me?

Some would say I'm lucky to have heard those words, "I love you," so many times in my life. Some would say I should feel special. I don't really. Maybe it's because most of the times I heard those words I rarely believed them to be true. People can tell you that they love you but really they are just words. They are nice to hear but if those words just hang in the air with nothing to hold them up, then they are meaningless. Some of us spend so much time trying to figure out if those words are meant or are real, the joy we should feel from them, disappears. I've had real love in my life, I think I have it now, but the knowing that it's real didn't come from hearing words; it came from the actions that came before and after them. There have been times that I relied on those words to protect me but as we all know words do not have that power. Words do not make things real. Actions do.

And then things change.

Last night as I was tucking my daughter into her bed she looked up at me with those eyes that reflect a perfect blend of her father and I. "I love you mommy." For the first time in my life words were enough. I never even had to ask if she meant it.

8 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    ahhh.....you did it again Net!
    You moved me to near tears..I love your blog for that...LOVE Love luv...no matter how you say it , it has many levels , you know when its real..you can feel it because YOU share it soo well woman!
    Thanks for sharing ~
    kimmyk said...
    They can break your heart with their words can't they?
    And they can bring a smile and warmth over you that makes you want to close your eyes and live in the moment.

    I so get this .....
    WDKY said...
    I can absolutely understand what you mean. My babies make me feel like that too, and I LOVE IT! And them.

    Ahem...
    Shannon said...
    I know exactly what you mean, and I have loved this Cheryl Crow song forever...
    Anonymous said...
    NWC, you can come. I have found the break to be refreshing for so many reasons. I love this post. Though it was not like I discovered you or you discovered me, I still feel our paths are parallel and connected in thought and expression. I will write and share again. First though, time to fall in love all over again.
    Rex said...
    Very touching. Thanks for sharing. Many times I have experienced the very same thing. Now that my kids are 19 and 16 I don't hear the words very often but they have so much meaning now when I do hear them. Those times after fights or trouble or tears are the ones that get me the most. Have a good 24. Rexie.
    Fatma said...
    So touching! You really know how to post simple poignant!

    Fitèna
    Lori said...
    Children are still so close to God. They don't think about their words, they simply state what's in their heart and trust completely that we accept it.

Post a Comment