3/24/2006

a date with sex

It's been so long since I've been on a date, the kind with romance, dinner, drinks. Tomorrow night my sig. other and I are going to see James Blunt and I'm really excited, not to see James but to be on a real honest to goodness date. I knew when we had a child that things would change but I guess I never thought that my 'dating' life would all but disappear. It's no one's fault really, most days we're so tired when we get home that's it's all we can do to go to guitar lessons, volleyball games, and manage to keep our 2-year old pacified. Sometimes Life just gets in the way doesn't it? When you have children your sex life is reduced to "How about sex tonight," and then you politely say, "I'm really too tired, how about tomorrow?" It's not that you don't want sex it's that you want sleep more. I never thought I'd be one of 'those' people but low and behold....I am. So anyway, tomorrow we're going on a date with dinner, a concert, and sex included. You know the main lesson I've learned over the past 2 years about relationships is that you really have to work at them if you want them to be good. Friendships, romantic relationships, co-worker relations, they all require you to sacrifice a bit of your time to make them worthwhile. Sometimes I think we forget that the only things worth having in this life are the things you have to work to obtain.

Happy Friday everyone.

17 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That is so true, we cannot take our days with people for granted.
    Time needs attention with the ones we love , especially that person you lay beside while dreaming!
    Have a most wonderful heartfelt and fun date with sig.other !
    Thanks for sharing~
    Anna said...
    I sure hope yall have a great time. I can really relate to what you said.
    kimmyk said...
    I don't know how many times we've planned a date...only for the day to come and both of us get ready to go out and then it dawns on us...what do we do as adults when our kids aren't with us?! It's funny.....and to plan a night to have sex? HA! That too has been shot down more times than I care to remember. You're right, it's either get naked or sleep and believe me...sleep wins almost every time. Which is sorta sad, but it's understood in our house. LOL!

    I hope you have a great time on your date...and don't forget to shave your legs!
    Mellissa said...
    Yay!!

    A date!! James Blount!!! Sex!!! Wine!!! More Sex!!!

    Looking forward to the "happy after" post.

    Lucky girl ;-)
    SL said...
    I know - knew - the feeling. Enjoy your night.
    WoodChuck said...
    We just had a great date last night. Daughters spent the night out...but they're old enough to let us go out without a sitter now it's easy. Most of our normal 'dates' are simple...get coffee, movie 'n desert, out to eat. A couple of times a year we find a good B & B for the weekend. Even if you only have an hour a week and not much money...find a sitter and go. It's like a savings account. A few bucks here and there doesn't seem like much but it adds up over the years.
    Anonymous said...
    Have a romantic and wonderful time. Inside of life is you too, and that part needs to be lit up with attention and a connection that carries over on the sleepy nights. A good date has great legs in life. Build your legs this weekend. Smiles....
    Networkchic said...
    Ah...I'm all set...I shaved my legs this morning. :-) It's the little things that count!
    Anonymous said...
    Everything everyone said is SO true, I have 6 1/2 yr old twins, a 3 story house to clean, 4 pets, etc.... etc.... etc... BUT!!!!!! No matter HOW tired my husband and I THINK we are..... just a touch or two, and we're wide awake!!! We try our damndest to "do it" 3 to 4 times a week!!!! :) :) You have fun girlfriend!!!!
    Shannon said...
    I sooooo know what you mean... I am laughing and my kids think I am nuts... but its soo true... we have our HOT weeks, and then our I am sooo tired

    I remember though when we first got together, wow we kept going, we would go all night, and then get up at 5am and both of us work a full 8-9 hr day, get kids dinner, meetings, movies, social ect and still go at it all night the next night, this lasted about 6 months then we got tired...

    aaahhh memories.. :)
    PG said...
    I hope you had a fabulous time, n.c.! And, just for a bit of tantalizing, I hope you post on it!
    If not, that's ok too, though, of course!
    Thank you again, btw, for all of your inspiring posts, music, and comments on my blog.
    It helps....
    Anonymous said...
    oh I hear yah! I really do!
    JJ said...
    It has been so long since I've had a date or sex that I now officially have reclassified myself a virgin again.
    I see you,
    JJ
    PS: I hope you had a great time.
    NewYorkMoments said...
    That tiredness is part of nature's birth control I think.
    WDKY said...
    Ah, that takes me back... still, you're right, of course... it all takes work. But it sounds like the effort will pay off, especially as I see you've now shaved your legs ;-)
    NML/Natalie said...
    I am snickering at NYM's comment. I hope you had a lovely date, even though I disapprove of your choice of concert;-) Now I know what to look forward to when I have kids!
    Anonymous said...
    We had a date night too this weekend and are going to try once a week (I'll settle for twice a month)...it didn't end in sex, but it ended with a great time out with my sig. other that brought us closer in other ways.

Post a Comment