3/15/2006

Pause Life

I am not a good sick person. After nursing my daughter back to health after her bout with the flu over the weekend, it would seem she's passed it on to me. I guess children share everything when they are young, it's not until they are older that they start keeping things all to themselves. I spent most of the night tossing and turning because it felt as if I were going to lose my cookies at any moment. I made it through the night but wasn't so lucky this morning. I rarely take time for myself but today I'm in desperate need. What I really long to do is climb back in my bed, pull the covers up to my nose, and sleep until tomorrow. But as I said I'm a bad sick person because here I am sitting at work. I had too much to do, too many people relying on me, too many things...period. When I go home I'll have a little girl wanting me to play Barbies and make animals out of playdoh, I'll have a sig. other who has mysteriously made it through 34 years of life without learning to cook himself a meal. I'll have responsibilities that don't go away just because I'm sick. It's kind of unfair isn't it? Life should pause itself or at least go in slow motion when we're not feeling up to dealing with it. Maybe what I need to do is pick up life's darn remote control and push STOP. Why don't they invent TiVo for life? Hmmm, maybe I'll start working on that....see, there I go again, taking on more than I can handle.

6 Comments:

  1. Shannon said...
    I say go home NWC, get better, and it may not seem worth at the moment, but the faster you get better, then you can go back to doing all those things... YOU DESERVE TIME TO BE SICK AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!!!!!! DONT KILL YOURSELF FOR YOUR JOB

    and your sig other, can make a PB&J, and little Alice loves you adn will take care of you!!!!

    GO HOME!!!! FEEL BETTER!!!!

    I SAID!!!!! :)

    just a suggestion get better soon gurl...
    Anonymous said...
    Hope your feeling better soon :)
    madameplushbottom said...
    Sweetheart... I hope you have climbed into bed and pulled those covers up by now. I think illness is an opportunity to get the extra rest we all deserve and are too shy too take.

    Rest my dear... rest as long as you can. Perhaps alice can teach the SO to cook something lovely!

    Meg
    JJ said...
    I hope you feel better soon. I went through that this winter. It took a long time for me to get over it. Spread like wild fire through my house but of course I was the last one to get it and well - no one took care of me.
    I see you,
    JJ
    Lori said...
    Wow. I know this feeling well. Why do we do this to ourselves? I have become better over time and have learned that the world will not stop turning because I'm not at work or don't fix a big meal for everyone. If we don't take care of ourselves, then eventually we break down....and everyone loses.

    I hope you're feeling better and that you WENT HOME!
    NML/Natalie said...
    Well he should learn to cook a meal you poor thing. I hope you did go home and make sure you get some rest!

Post a Comment