2/17/2006

words for me

My sig. other wrote something for me, left it lay upon my pillow. He's not usually a romantic man so when I read his words they made me cry. I wasn't sad, I was surprised. I thought I knew everything about him, everything he would or wouldn't do, but this time, I was wrong. Sometimes it really is nice not to know everything. I wanted to share his words with you simply because they seem too beautiful to keep to myself.

Know that...
When you do amazing or mundane things for us, and we forget to thank you...you are still appreciated.
When you feel out of control or vulnerable, you are our rock.
When you feel all alone, you are our family.
When you yearn for more time, you have an eternity with us.
When you do anything or nothing and you are just who you are, you are loved.

His words may not seem pretty to some, but to me they had the most beautiful glow that warmed my heart. I realized something after I read his words. All those times that I feel taken advantage of, unappreciated, and over looked, those are really just the times that I've forgotten to open my eyes. I wonder why it's so hard sometimes to see what's standing right in front of you.

11 Comments:

  1. Caterpillar said...
    His words are absolutely gorgeous. I'm so happy for you that you are able to see yourself as sees you, and feel so loved. You are so worth it and deserve it absolutely!!!
    Rex said...
    That is great. Better hang on to that guy.....that was a great note...made me cry too!
    kimmyk said...
    man I am so jealous.

    you got a good guy who speaks his heart.....you don't find guys like that anymore.

    yep, he's a keeper!
    Shannon said...
    know what I mean when I tell yea I feel yea... those are pretty powerful and sometimes much needed words... I am soo happy wrote that to you
    Rex said...
    Got a blogger question for you....I'm fairly new at this and a computer idiot....how do you get the music on your blog....I really like this song..
    NML/Natalie said...
    How lovely! I'm glad that you have someone who loves you and gets you. He's very thoughtful.
    SL said...
    Not dissimilar to something I wrote for the woman I love once.

    A good guy. You're very lucky.
    madameplushbottom said...
    that is beautiful - how wonderful to have a person like that in your life and to bestow a blessing like that on you.

    Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

    I miss you! Meg
    WDKY said...
    Hmmmm... maybe that's what I was talking about in my post today... love. Simple.
    k o w said...
    That was wonderful. I wish I could open my eyes like that.
    Hamrose said...
    oh..very, very nice. What a nice little gift.

Post a Comment