2/09/2006

Half Nekkid without a photo

I tried to post a photo for Half Nekkid Thursday but blogger decided it wasn't going to play nice so here I sit, posting without a photo. I started thinking about this half nekkid thing some of us do on Thursdays and although I get quite a giggle from it, honestly I think I've started taking the whole concept of being naked to a new level. I tend to like the photos posted that reveal something about a person on the inside; yes photos can do that. I write on this blog almost every day and my words leave me exposed, almost more than half way. So much of the time we all wear so many cloaks, not literally but figuratively. We cover ourselves up, the emotions we feel, the heart that's been damaged, the bodies that we've abused. What would happen if you tore off the mask, ripped back the covers and let someone see the scars and bruises that make you who you are? Would they turn away in disgust, probably not, but believing that would mean you'd have to trust in something and in someone. Trust can leave you half naked and that's scary. I think from now on I'm going to start posting photos on this Half Nekkid day that do not reveal the curves of my body but the surface of my soul. I have to wonder, which part of me you'd find more appealing, the bare skin or the naked heart.

Happy Half Nekkid Thursday HNT_1

10 Comments:

  1. WoodChuck said...
    Whether you subscribe to the Garden of Eden account or not, I love to read it. Totally naked. No shame. No fear. Without reserve. I don't know that I can completely wrap my mind around that. Imagination helps but falls short.
    Anyway, keep up the good words. It gives us some taste of the Garden.
    Lori said...
    Some of the HNT photos are lovely and do expose more than just skin. But the words of the writer are always more powerful, I think.

    Looks can be deceiving and often distracting, but the reveal of the heart speaks clearly and to me, is more beautiful.
    Anonymous said...
    I think the photo's on Thursdays add a new dimension to our blogs and who we are as to what is interesting and/or important to us.

    Thanks for sharing
    Tab
    Anonymous said...
    Revealing ourselves in so many ways unwraps our skin in either words or images. Less for me is more in photos, and more for me can be less in words. You hae a good balance on your website.
    ~Tim said...
    I love the heart more, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see the skin. HHNT!
    NewYorkMoments said...
    How about if you write a post describing a part of your body...Now THAT would be a new twist.
    kimmyk said...
    I like your words...but NWC...the pictures of your lil girl leave me warm inside. Nothing more precious then a lil ones hand or the lil fat hammies. Love those photos!
    Hamrose said...
    Oh, I like that idea...maybe I'll do something like that too...the inside is always more interesting than the outside.
    k o w said...
    You expose more through your writing than a photo could ever reveal.
    WDKY said...
    Personally, I find your mind beautiful, and your writing thought provoking, touching and enlightening.

    That said, I'd also like you to get your kit off occasionally.

Post a Comment