2/10/2006

rewards

In seven more hours the door to my cell will open.
I've earned a 2 day pass with my loyalty and dedication.
Faces that have become so familiar will fade from my memory when I cross the finish line.
This machine that holds me hostage will lose power when I leave, without me it's just a box with nuts, bolts, and wires, it's just parts.
Parts are useless when they have no one to assemble them.
Maybe I'll glance over my shoulder one last time to remind me to be grateful for this pass I've earned.
It's so easy to take it for granted, freedom that is.
I'll smile when I walk through the door to my chosen reality.
If she runs to me I'll hug her, if not, it will be me that does the running.
When he reaches for me, I'll let him.
I won't pull away.
I won't create requirements on how to love me.
I will just be loved.
It will be enough.
Time will pass only as quickly as I let it.
Moments can last forever if you keep them in the right pocket.
My life will be full because I refuse to be empty.
And I will be.

8 Comments:

  1. Caterpillar said...
    Oh NWC, that was so beautiful! I am always reminding myself to enjoy the moment, every moment. I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!! Enjoy the hugs and the kisses and the time with those who you love and who you love back!!
    WDKY said...
    I think a lot of us forget what we have too easily, NWC. Me included.

    Have a lovely weekend.
    JJ said...
    Wonderful!
    I see you,
    JJ
    Lori said...
    Weekends are precious time to reconnect after the whirlwind week. Hoping you can eventually find that respite in your weeks, too, as life must be lived EACH day...and every single moment.

    Bless you,
    Lori
    kimmyk said...
    I hope you had a great weekend.....

    Only 5 more days and we get to do it again....

    somedays I feel like a rat running on one of those lil wheels....
    Violet said...
    Wow, beautiful. : )
    Anonymous said...
    Hi NWC I hope you had a great weekend. No need to give up, on the music, it is always a nice addition.

    Would you be interest in joining a new contributing group of writers?
    Brooklyn said...
    I just happened upon your site a few days ago. I have been taken to a new realm. Thank you for your insight.

Post a Comment