11/30/2005

Dear NWC

Dear NWC,

Your friends are mistaken. When we are children we possess the most wonderful ability to believe in things we cannot see but as we grow older we adopt the cynical views that most of the world possesses. NWC, I want to assure you there is in fact a Santa Claus. He is as real as the wind that moves the branches on a tree, or the rays of sun that warm your face, neither of which you can physically touch but still believe exist. He is as real as the love you have in your heart or the devotion you have to your child. Santa exists in the hearts and minds of those brave enough to have faith, brave enough to trust in themselves. Instead of feeling chastised for believing in Santa, pity those that don't. Those that cannot believe are the same folk who never make wishes on stars. How dull would our night sky be if stars were only flecks of light instead of tiny bits of hope? NWC, this world we live in needs something to believe in. If we rely only on what we can hold in our hand or behold with our eyes, we become one dimensional human beings who will lose the ability to believe in anything at all. Remember my darling, the most real things in this world are those we cannot see.

Believe my dear NWC, believe that Santa exists, that fairies light the night, that wishes on stars do in fact come true. Believe in fairy tales and happily ever afters because if you stop having faith in the existence of these things, you become one of the small minded creatures that inhabit this earth.

NWC, there is a Santa. Believe.

5 Comments:

  1. WDKY said...
    Sigh... and there I was, believing I was the last romantic. Beautiful.
    k o w said...
    I believe this post will change the way I view the stars this evening.
    JJ said...
    I think you should write a letter to Santa and tell him your friend JJ really could use a vacation.
    lol
    I see you,
    JJ
    NewYorkMoments said...
    I don't believe in Santa anymore, but I DO believe in The Great Pumpkin.
    Caterpillar said...
    That's so beautiful! I absolutely adore the last paragraph! And I join in with you and WDKY as another romantic.

Post a Comment