11/17/2005

She asked me why


I'm really getting good with Photoshop. This pic is actually taken when I was pregnant...can't tell can you? Happy HNT.

Some of you may remember a post I wrote awhile back about my niece who was being pressured by her boyfriend to have sex. She asked me for my advice and I was honest, I told her that giving up such an important piece of yourself for someone else, would affect her for the rest of her life. She listened to me, surprisingly, and her boyfriend stayed. I wasn't really surprised when her boyfriend stuck around because I remember that even at that tender age boys and girls, can be very manipulative. They know if they stick around long enough, apply enough pressure, the will most likely get what they want. My sweet niece, is no longer a virgin.

Her heart is now broken and she asks me why love hurts so much. I cannot answer. She asks me when it will stop hurting, I say nothing because sometimes it never stops hurting. Sometimes you just get so used to the pain that you don't notice it anymore. She wants to know if I still remember my first broken heart, I say yes because I do remember. She wants to know if hearts really do mend, I say 'sometimes'. She wants to know if loving someone will always hurt this much, I say yes, love knows no other way. She wants to know if love gets easier when you grow up, I say no, it gets harder. She wants to know why we keep falling in love if we know that it hurts, I say because falling in love doesn't hurt - at first. She wants to know if love can last, I say yes -sometimes. She wants to know how you'll know when you are loving the right person, I say when you can look in the mirror - and not be afraid of who you see staring back at you. She wants to know if it's ok to cry, I don't answer, instead I cry with her.

23 Comments:

  1. WDKY said...
    Lovely photo, NWC. I was just going to sya "For god sake don't tell her it doesn't get any easier"... looks like I'm a little late!

    Have a great one x
    AndyT13 said...
    Nice pic! Happy HNT!
    kimmyk said...
    The photo is very pretty and nope can't tell you're pregnant in it.

    Now onto your niece-how old is she NWC? That's so sad. Ugh. It's so hard I'm tellin ya...I have a niece I worry about with peer pressure-in her school (she's in the 9th grade) having anal sex is the rage because it is not ' vaginal ' intercourse and therefore, you remain a virgin. Oral sex is a big one too. I don't get what is happening to the boys and where are their role models anymore. My heart broke for her.....I hope she chooses now to remain abstinent til she's really ready to give that part of herself to someone again.
    Anonymous said...
    Great HNT Pic. Your writing offers some food for thought. I think a lot of teens could benefit from reading it.

    Happy HNT
    lecram sinun said...
    Really good photoshop work! Cheers and happy HNT!
    Beth said...
    That is absolutely beautiful! And no, I can't tell!

    HHNT!
    JJ said...
    The pic is great but your post about your niece kind of made me sad.
    ICU,
    JJ
    Wenchy said...
    I would cry too.
    Joe said...
    Despite her broken heart, your niece is truly fortunate to have you to lean on, and to have the benefit of your wise counsel.
    TJ said...
    beautiful post and photo.

    And if your back ever acts up again and you need a massage--the flight isn't that long from Philly to Chicago...

    Happy HNT
    Robyn said...
    Well she is truley blessed to have someone like you to come to with things like that. I commend you for being honest, thats what teenagers need anymore. Great HNT pic too. =)
    Annalis said...
    Oh, I feel for your niece. She is lucky to have you to help her move forward.
    Blondie... said...
    Beautiful back...very cool effects.

    For your niece, my heart breaks with her. I regret the first time I had sex. It was not a joyous occasion. She is such a lucky girl to have you for an aunt. I'm sure she loves you ever so muc.

    xx
    Sky said...
    Beautiful pic and my heart goes out to your niece. It sucks that all of us can relate to her in that post. Wouldn't it be great if you could have told her it got easier? I agree with the other people here, she is lucky to have you.
    Robin said...
    Beautiful shot, and nice PS! HHNT>
    LDR said...
    Cool picture! Sheesh. You're tiny! Either that or you've got REALLY REALLY BIG HANDS. Love sucks. Yeah, it's great, but it still sucks! Kind of like how chocolate is great, but it sucks too. For every yin there is a yang. Your sweet niece... my heart goes out to her. At least she's fortunate enough to have a really supercool Auntie to cry with her.
    Anonymous said...
    Great advice. Beautiful back.
    Anonymous said...
    that is such a pretty pic! i have something for nice hands and i think ur fingers are really graceful.. it's really sad for ur neice, but at least she has u around..
    k o w said...
    Teenage boys suck.
    NewYorkMoments said...
    Fucking typical. But I think it's really great that she feels she can confide in you.
    Networkchic said...
    You know what NYM, it does suck that it's typical. What a world we live in where one of our expectations is that love will hurt. It's when it doesn't that we assume it's not love at all.
    madameplushbottom said...
    Your picture is beautiful as is your posting. I get the feeling that you are really a wonderful person seeing this side of you that you share with your niece.

    If only we had the wisdom we do now when we were that young... the thing is we probably wouldn't even believe ourselves back then.

    Blessings to you and your niece and the boys who cross her path!
    ladylongfellow said...
    Great picture! I was wide as a house while pregnant, well maybe not a house. Did you take a picture in your bikini top after the milk arrived? lol

    As far as your neice, glad she has you. I agree with everything you said, pretty much. Adults aren't that much different in their actions then kids, only difference is adults should know better.

Post a Comment