1/17/2006

parts of a wheel

I've missed you all...really I have. Honestly there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't wonder how you all were, wondered if your days were good ones. Somehow each and everyone of you has become an integral part of my life, the people I look forward to knowing, your stories, your pain, your laughter. You are like spokes on the wheel that carries me through each day. I'd be off balance without you. I never thought this would happen, that I'd find friends so far away yet so close to the place that matters - my heart. I've always found it easy to make friends but it wasn't until I came here, this blog place, that I realized the friends I'd made, except a very few exceptions, were not friends that really knew me, knew my history. Mostly that's my fault; I never trusted anyone enough to let them know me. I never trusted they would stay after knowing me, knowing the pain that has shaped who I am. But right here, I was able to open up and start the process of healing myself. I feel so lucky not only to have you visit my space, know my bits of history, but return the favor by letting me get to know you. As JJ always says...I see you, I'm grateful for that. Now I'm off to catch up on the wonderful bits of your days that I've missed. It's nice to be back.

10 Comments:

  1. SL said...
    Welcome back. It's nice to have you. Lovely message too.
    WDKY said...
    I'm inclined to say "don't you ever go away without me again", but I suspect that's a bit impracticle. I'm very, very glad that you're back.
    Blondie... said...
    I'm so glad you're back!! My Jimmy says "I deee yooou" or when I say it first... "You deeee meee" Too cute.

    I really have opened about a lot on my blog too and sometimes am astounded that I say some of the things I do...and people come back!

    ((hugs))
    k o w said...
    "Spokes on the wheel"... I like that.
    WoodChuck said...
    A mountain is far more awe-inspiring to the one passing through it's valley than to those who live on the mountain. I guess your vacation was kind of like walking through the mtn valley. Glad to have you back on the mtn.
    madameplushbottom said...
    I'm glad you're back and you seemed to have enjoyed your vacation. Tomorrow, wednesday is D-day for me! I will be smoke-free. Thanks for your support.

    Continue taking care of yourself. I printed some of your blogs and read them this weekend when I wanted to feel connected and less-alone.

    I see you and care about you,
    Meg
    kimmyk said...
    I knew you missed me! I mean how could ya not miss me?! I missed you too! Glad you're home!
    NML/Natalie said...
    Welcome home. It's good to have your little slice of the world where people 'get' you :-)
    JJ said...
    And thank you for sharing part of you life with me. I once wrote a whole post about "what we really know about each other." I am glad you blog. And YES I do see you.
    JJ
    NewYorkMoments said...
    Hope you had a great time while you were away :-)

Post a Comment