5/26/2006

Hail to the princess

Hooray for Fridays...Hooray for long weekends. It seems like it's been forever since we had a long holiday weekend doesn't it? We're taking my daughter camping this weekend...with a tent, and a campfire, and smores...I'm so excited. As much of a princess as I am I've always enjoyed camping. I'll admit I can't sleep on the hard ground so I take my lovely queen air mattress along - but hey I'm preggy, I'm allowed a few luxuries right? It's kind of funny because my sig. other always claims I'm a city girl and I can't get dirty but he's actually mistaken. I grew up in the country with horses and a cow named Teebone. Most summer days you'd find me weeding my mother's gigantic garden or pulling fruit from the trees in our orchard. I learned to make jam and can vegetables at age 6. Every night I spent at least 30 minutes scrubbing the dirt from my knees and getting the grime from under my fingernails. I was no city girl. I've never been afraid to get dirty and you know what...I think that has saved me from a hell of a lot drama in my lifetime. There's something about a woman that knows how to take care of herself from fixing her car to canning her own vegetables that is so very appealing to most men. It's funny when you think about it, we women sometimes play the game of 'needing' a man when in reality all we really need is some good company.

Here's to all you self sufficient women out there...Hail to the princess.

Have a wonderful long weekend.

13 Comments:

  1. PG said...
    Hail! Hail!
    All Hail Network Chick!

    Hail the princess who is preggy and pretty and who ponders potentially powerful topics!

    Hail e.e. for shutting up while she's ahead!
    ;-)

    Have a fantastic, SAFE weekend!
    Anonymous said...
    You have such a smart and sexy brain Net!!! I hope your weekend is full of wonderful memory making moments!
    Can't wait to hear how it went,
    Happy star gazing and tent dreaming:)
    Thanks for sharing.
    ps.When we first took our little bear camping when he was a toddler I actually packed his little miniture couch...LOL...he loved it.
    Now he sleeps on an air mattress like everyone else!
    I hope Alice has a blast too!!!!!
    NML/Natalie said...
    Yes hail network chic! I have never been camping and it;s not looking likely...but you never know. Have a fab weekend x
    Mama Dukes said...
    I made granola while looking at naughty web sites this morning. Do I count as a country girl?

    Have many smiles this weekend! As many as you give to others.

    All HAil NWC!!! Didja know I'm a Queen? I win!
    JJ said...
    Nope give me a hotel room with room service anyday...no camping for me though I must say in the past when I have gone I was always drunk or high.
    Enjoy yourself!
    I see you,
    JJ
    oregoncelticlady said...
    *curtsies to the princess chic* You are sooo cool!
    By the way, if I should know this, kick me later...but could you stop by my blog and tell me who/what I am listening to when I enter your blog-kingdom? Pleeeeeeeease?
    Caterpillar said...
    e.e.'s comment was hilarious and just perfect!

    Have a wonderful time! I'm sure seeing Alice experiencing new things and being so happy will make it absolutely perfect. And it's good weather!

    I love that your cow had a name! They have those big eyes that just make me want to go hug them when I see them up close.
    WDKY said...
    You know, as far as I'm concerned all women are princesses, but I think I may just be old fashioned.

    Have a wonderful preggie weekend x
    madameplushbottom said...
    I don't think you need to be preggers to use an air mattress camping... it's the only way to go girl!

    Hope you and Alice and honey have a wonderful weekend.

    And three cheers to us women who can do it all and like to share the journey with someone who is close to our heart.
    kimmyk said...
    I hope you guys have a great weekend roughing it!

    I've been wanting to go camping for a while now...but with an air mattress. I'm too old for sleeping on the ground.

    Ahh to sit around an open fire and roast marshmallows.....fun stuff!
    keda said...
    go get grubby girl! have a fabulous time. i have no doubt you will.

    we loved camping last month. with only yoga mats too! but being preggers airbed is essential*

    great post. as a reformed country girl i am so with you.
    Trudging said...
    Grubby is good
    Anonymous said...
    Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Shoes information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

Post a Comment