5/15/2006

being a mother

Sorry for the hiatus but I took a much needed extended weekend. I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day by either treating your own mom to a special day or having one yourself.

I've learned so much since becoming a mother and I wanted to share a part of my journey with you.

Being a mother has taught me...

- that I had no idea how much love my heart was capable of
- there is no pain that cannot be eased by tiny arms hugging your body tightly
- my kisses can make boo boo's feel better
- that before - my life was not full
- it's not about sacrifice it's about not being selfish
- I can still be beautiful and sexy
- having someone depend on you makes you a better person
- someone can depend on me and I can let them
- I cannot sleep without getting butterfly kisses first
- my child's eyes are the windows to my soul
- my life is worth more than it was before
- love is forever

Before I had a child I had sort of given up hope that I'd ever become a mother, partly because I didn't think I'd find the right man, partly because I was too selfish. I didn't do things the 'proper' way, I found the man but didn't marry him, and then I got pregnant. In a way, having his child made me realize no man was more right for me than he was. Now, I'm going to marry him and I'm going to have another child. Some may frown on not doing things the 'proper' way but really, what's more proper than true love? I consider myself lucky - I found the child that led me to the man.

6 Comments:

  1. Rex said...
    Funny how life happens when we get out of the way and let it happen.
    Anonymous said...
    Proper shnoper!
    Loving your child from the heart is the most important element in all human experiences...you rock..
    and I bet you babies will grow up to rock too:)
    PG said...
    To heck with traditions and such... where were the traditions when we needed them?
    I must say I love visiting here. I am flooded up to my ears with water at home. And mom's day was so-so.
    But despite such things I am reminded how lucky a person I am to keep things in perspective, to have a good job, a roof over my head, and the gift of life.
    You and I see things through a similar window from different parts of the United States... from different lives completely.
    Yet, we know, don't we...?
    Being thankful comes from within...
    Happy Mom's Day, mom :-)
    Tony said...
    congratulations from a far away island!
    Caterpillar said...
    I didn't know you two were getting married!!! Congratulations!!! And Happy Mother's Day to you!
    kimmyk said...
    Ahhh...butterfly kisses and a childs hug makes the world seem alright.

    I love being a mom...I can't imagine doing anything else really. Actually, I think it's the only thing I do right some days....

    Glad to hear you had a good long extended weekend...we all need one of those every now and then!

Post a Comment