5/19/2006

as time passes


Another week has come to an end. Time passes so quickly when you don't want it to doesn't it? When we're in pain and we wish for it to pass quickly, time lingers as if it has nowhere else to go. When I was a child I wanted to be a grown up and I wished my time away. Now that I'm forced to be a grown up I wish often that I could be a child with much less burden. Do you remember when the biggest decision you had to make was which friend to invite to a sleepover? Remember thinking that doing your homework every night and studying for tests was the most stressful thing in the world? And if you failed a test, it seemed as if the world was ending. When you are a kid time seems endless, one hour feels like an eternity...now that I'm a grown-up it feels like 60 seconds.

Here's hoping that this weekend your minutes seem like hours. Make time linger...

9 Comments:

  1. keda said...
    so so true.

    thank you for the good wishes. i hope yours goes slow and sunny too.
    the post below is so beautiful also*
    k o w said...
    I couldn't agree more.
    NML/Natalie said...
    I have thought about exactly the subject of this post recently. Oh to be carefree again!
    Sunshine said...
    That's awesome!!! Savor every minute.....
    kimmyk said...
    Have a great weekend NWC!

    Hope the sun finally comes out and we can play....
    WDKY said...
    I'm going with the notion that time is just a construct we've invented for ourselves, and that past, present and future is all the same... who knows, maybe I can actually get to believe it.

    Have a lovely weekend, NWC x
    TJ said...
    I remember having those exact same thoughts about homework and tests and it cracks me up remembering what I thought was so important when I was younger.

    Great post--hope your weekend is filled with a few timeless moments...
    JJ said...
    Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and have such simple decisions to make.
    I see you and I hope you are feeling well.
    JJ
    Michelle said...
    I often find myself wishing the day or work week will end only coming to realize that I am wishing time from my life away. Every second of every day is worth living, weather it is doing something that we want to do or something we do not want to do but have to. You just never know when you will not get another minute, make the best of the time you do have.

Post a Comment