8/21/2006

Voices

I finally found a song that touched my heart just as much as the one I constantly play on my blog. Although I'll always consider Alice Peacock's Into the Light song one of my 'theme songs' I thought this new song, the one playing in the background fit perfectly in blogland. Listen to it and tell me what you think. Just in case you are curious the name of the band: . I found them by accident while channel surfing one night, trying to block out a fight I'd just had with my husband. The voice in my head was barely noticed over the volume of my anger and then I stopped on the Publice Broadcasting channel and this band was playing this song. Needless to say it stopped me in my tracks and as I listened to the words, mysteriously my anger subsided. Finally the voice in my head began echoing the lessons learned from my past, lessons shared from my blogger friends, lessons I need to learn over and over again. Being angry can strike you deaf, so much so that you'll miss the voice of reason.

I suppose it's fitting that I'm sharing this song, this band, on Musical Monday. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I do. You and I, we all have voices and here in blogland we choose to integrate them to make the most beautiful music on earth.

Image hosting by Photobucket

12 Comments:

  1. WoodChuck said...
    Hey Em,
    There's a proverb that says something like, a soft answer turns away wrath. Something about music, movies and such is that they bypass our thick skulls and hit our souls directly. This is a cool melody that does just that. Thanks for sharing.
    -c
    Anonymous said...
    I not hear anything :(
    Anonymous said...
    okay..just followed the link you left me.Reallly nice song.I have to go out now and that mellowness is coming with me..thanks for sharing Net :)
    Networkchic said...
    Hey Tab...that band is from Canada.
    Mama Dukes said...
    AArrrrgggg
    I can't hear it
    I'll check speaker equip
    Networkchic said...
    Hmmm, some people can't hear the music. If not go to this link:

    http://networkchics.com/tmp/My_Tunes/

    you can listen and download all the music I play here. The sone is One Voice.
    bornfool said...
    As you know, I love the Alice Peacock song. I've adopted it as one of my theme songs, too, but this oneis very good also.

    BTW, I finished the Wally Lamb book a couple weeks ago. It was one of the best books I've read in a long while. The character makes my codependency problems seem minor in comparison. :)
    madameplushbottom said...
    I'll have to look around for that song on your link. I'm glad you shared it. Someday when I can burn CD's I would love to put those songs on CD's. I love the Alice Peacock song as well.

    Now I want to read the Wally Lamb book you and BF are talking about!

    Take care!
    Osbasso said...
    I just heard them in concert about 10 days ago! Opened for Nickel Creek. They were wonderful! Great choice for Musical Monday!
    lash505 said...
    Very nice does it come with boots..lol
    Caterpillar said...
    I think I could listen to this song forever and never ever get tired of it, and always feel so relaxed and at peace and thankful for everything and everyone, and feel such a kinship with every other human being. That's how this song makes me feel - I absolutely love it! I think everyone should hear this song, there's just something magical about it! I love finding enchanting and wonderful little things like this - thank you!!! :)
    WDKY said...
    Ypu know, I can never hear your music straight from the blog, but your words always make the visit worthwhile. Thanks for playing MM x

Post a Comment