7/28/2006

fourteen

My niece is coming to stay with me for a long weekend and I'm sort of baffled on what we'll do for entertainment. I've been stuck in 2-year old mode for awhile so I doubt she'll enjoy putting on a princess dress and dancing around my living room. When I was fourteen the only things I wanted to do were locking myself in my room with the music on high, veg out in front of the tv with a bowl full of cheese puffs, or be somewhere that there were cute boys to flirt with. Although I can probably accommodate with the first two, I honestly have no idea where cute fourteen year old boys hang out these days. Plus, her father would probably kill me if he found out I was actually promoting flirting with boys in any sense of the word.

You know as old as I am I still remember exactly what it felt like to be fourteen - hell. Your hormones are raging, your emotions are running high, and absolutely no one in the whole universe understands how you feel except your best friend. This weekend should be interesting...we can't even go outdoors since the temps are soaring to 98 with heat indexes to 106. It's really too bad because I'm quite positive one of the best cures for those raging hormones is to get thrown into a freezing pool of water.

Have a great weekend....

9 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Betting she would just love to kick back with her most excellent Aunty and share a bowl of popcorn and a cool flick.?Have a great time:)
    Thanks for sharing~
    keda said...
    ooh it'll be great. hard old years those. poor babe. i'm sure she'll love being with favourite auntie. fashion and music and haicuts/dying is where i remember teenage heaven precided :)
    keda said...
    oops dyeing. not as in dropping dead!
    Caterpillar said...
    I hope you have fun! It'll be good for her to just spend good time with you. Rent a movie and get some cheese puffs and popcorn! And tell her that you remember being 14 and remember how hard it was. And I hope all of you stay cool!!!
    lash505 said...
    Have fun at what ever you do, because you deserve it and so does she.
    kimmyk said...
    It's Sunday now and I'm sure your weekend is almost over, I hope that you had a great time. I had my 16 year old neice for the weekend as well. We went to the mall and then to see John Tucker Must Die. Killed a day...and it was fun. Hope yours was just as fun. I'm sure your little girl enjoyed her being there playing dress up and doing big girl stuff.
    Shannon said...
    I hope you all had a great weekend, and went swimming... :)
    bornfool said...
    I went to the library to replenish my books for the upcoming week. I thought I would check for the Wally Lamb book you recommended. I didn't expect them to have it. The library here is pretty pitiful. I was quite surprised to find it on the shelf. I'll be reading it this week. (I think it may take me two days instead of one.)
    Anonymous said...
    hi net
    hope your weekend went well:)

Post a Comment