4/07/2006

one heart heals another

A lot of you left comments yesterday about your own experiences similar to mine and although that comforts me a little to know I wasn't unique, it saddens me that we 'like' people traveled that path in the first place. It's amazing how many different routes can take you down the same road isn't it? I wish that somehow we could break the pattern, change the bad choices, make the scary stuff disappear. But we can't do that can we? One blogger commented that her daughter is headed down the same path and I can only imagine how worrisome that must be. It takes so much for us to escape our pasts, the pain, the memories, the mistakes - that it seems impossible to be able to turn all those things into the power to convince someone else that they never deserve to be inferior. We know from experience that when you are in those moments, you listen to no one. I think back to all the words of wisdom people spoke to me and I realized that not one of them shouted. No one screamed in my ears, " Wake up, you're making a mistake." No one tied my hands behind my back so I could hurt myself any more. Would any of those things have made a difference, maybe. So from this point forward I think we all need to take that pain and turn it into something positive. Tab said she's going to be a counselor and I applaud her for that. Although not all of us have that in us, we can still make a difference in someone else's life. Maybe the whole point of healing is to start a chain reaction. What a wonderful thought...one heart heals another.

8 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That "chain reaction" is exactly what the worlds need now more than ever Net.
    Thank You for sharing , everyday.
    Hope you have a fun weekend :)
    Shannon said...
    expirence and knowledge equals wisdom... because we have been there, we know they wont listen, but we can still be loving and kind and share our expierence with them... yeah one heart heals another... Have a great day chic!
    Caterpillar said...
    Have a wonderful weekend, NWC!

    And know that you help me through your writing here :)
    kimmyk said...
    If I see my daughter going down that path oh my gosh I'll be screaming at her that she's making a huge mistake....I wish someone had told me. But they didn't....I'll tell her though....even if it angers her...I'd rather see her angry then hurt.

    It makes me sick knowing that one day my daughter could possibly make the wrong choices that I did....ugh.

    Chain reaction....just what we need. Like the domino effect.
    WDKY said...
    I think there can be a way that we can break those patterns, change those choices... but it takes a lot of patience, a lot of understanding, and a lot of sensitivity. I certainly think it's a fight worth fighting, and I know I'll never give up trying to be a positive influence for my chidlren, and - for that matter - for my friends. We can only do our best, eh, NWC?

    God, I'd love to spend some time talking to you properly...
    ladylongfellow said...
    WE all need to learn from our own mistakes. We inherently don't want to listen to others. We can't control other people either. Tough things, but they are part of life. We live and learn, that is how it works.
    John Cowart said...
    Hi Network,
    Just visiting via Funky Bug's Wise Blogger roll (Blogging to avoid helping my wife fill out tax forms).
    I appreciate the things you say in your "Ctuck In the Moment" post. Thanks

    ps: having trouble with the squiggley letters today so this may not get through
    NML/Natalie said...
    I felt the same way when I discovered that women who desire emotionally unavailable men are rife. I like the chain reaction.

Post a Comment