10/19/2006

running on empty



There have been times in my life when I felt 'empty'. Drained from all the expectations and the responsibilities there comes a point when you cry out, "I have no more to give." I've sat alone in my car for hours just to avoid going back into my house; the place where people want and need things from me. A place that most times I love but sometimes despise which leaves me feeling selfish. And then...my daughter runs to me with arms wide open as I walk in the door, "I missed you mommy." Or I lay on a table as they move a wand around my belly and I see "Patrick" there inside of me with his tiny face and hands reaching out to the mother he already loves. And then it happens, I find that secret reserve of strength, of love, of everything I thought I'd lost and somehow it fills me to the brim and allows me to carry on.

I suppose love is like that. It can take all that you have and leave you feeling empty and in a moment's pause, fill you back up again.

Happy Half Nekkid Thursday HNT_1

12 Comments:

  1. keda said...
    beautiful.

    yes a childs love can always fill you up. even on the really dark days.

    any love can i guess. but the love of children beats all. it's supercharged.
    Trudging said...
    A child's love is a very, very cool thing!
    ~Tim said...
    Awesome!

    HHNT
    Blondie... said...
    The love of a child and a new life born of love...

    How much more can we ask for?

    I'm so elated for you NWC... You're one of the most strengthening Blogs I read.

    BTW, Patrick is already so beautiful! I love the profile.
    JJ said...
    My cyber God child looks BEAUTIFUL....just like you.
    I see you and Patrick too,
    JJ
    Unknown said...
    Aaaaaawwwwwwwww.
    WDKY said...
    Now THAT'S what I call HNT x
    kimmyk said...
    What a beautiful baby.

    I can't wait to see him. You have the best HNT's ever with your children.
    Unknown said...
    What a beautiful summary of being a mother. Thanks for sharing the baby pics. Googy googy goo!
    Caterpillar said...
    Seeing little Patrick's profile is so so so beautiful and amazing!!! It's such a miracle that this little baby is nestled safe in your belly, growing until it's time to come meet his family! It's so beautiful!! And I love what you say about being filled back up with their love, so perfect and such a peace-filled thought.

    I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
    Eric said...
    What a beautiful post. You have an amazing way of expressing motherhood. I admire you for that.

    Being a parent is the greatest feeling I could ever have. No matter how bad of a day I have, there is nothing that can take away from the love I see in my little boys eyes when I walk through that door.
    Mama Dukes said...
    I pray God keeps you filled with all the joy, love and peace you can hold.

Post a Comment