9/06/2006

Windows to the soul...





I never get tired of looking into the eyes of my sweet Alice. It's not just because she's my child, it's because in her eyes I see the type of person she has the potential to be. I often wonder if my own parents looked into my eyes as a child and knew the kind of person I'd be when I grew up. Did they know that my heart would always stay tender even after picking up the broken pieces time after time? Did they know that babies and animals would always make me feel 'squishy' on the inside? Did they know I'd be strong enough to not only believe in my convictions but to practice them? I think they knew. When I look at Alice I know that after all the bumps and bruises she'll surely endure, the person that remains will be full of compassion and conviction. I know because every day that I still have a say...I'll teach her how important those things are. And even when she wanders off the path I hope she'll follow, those lessons will be there like a lighthouse in the storm, waiting her return.





Happy Half Nekkid Thursday HNT_1

12 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    She is beautiful. My son is ten now. When my eyes meet his and he is chatting about his interests he is so happy I am looking into his eyes. Nobody ever took the time to stop and look into my eyes when I was talking. They are angels sent from heaven. God bless~
    Rex said...
    It just keeps growing. I looked into my sixteen year olds eyes last night and wonder many of the samethings. He has so much directiona and dreams and plans....by sixtenn I know my eyes were empty.
    kimmyk said...
    she's so pretty. i love her little pink gingham dress!

    i always wonder what my kids will be when they're on thier own making decisions and if they'll be wise ones.

    we can only hope and pray.
    Anonymous said...
    wow..nice post Net :)
    Michelle said...
    She is so cute. You will see so much in her eyes and through them over the years.
    ~Tim said...
    Looking in a child's eyes is the best way to see forever.
    HHNT!
    PG said...
    wow.
    You know what's funny? When I look in her eyes, I see you.
    And I don't even know you.
    But I think, "this is how she was (meaning you), is, and forever will be, in some surreal sense."
    I think that she is beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a fabuous weekend, my friend.
    JJ said...
    Sweet!
    I see you,
    JJ
    Mama Dukes said...
    she is so beautiful!

    I found myself reflected in their eyes and souls-- they showed and show me---me
    lash505 said...
    She is a doll. I really pray they will be able to see the light house.
    Anonymous said...
    Wow... those are some eyes your Alice has. She's a beautiful girl, which is hardly surprising.
    Caterpillar said...
    She's so adorable, and those little eyes of hers show happiness and comfort and knowing she is loved completely. I'm with e.e. - when I see her, I see a little you - but without the family pain. Alice has so many wonderful things ahead of her, and your love and lessons will always be with her!

Post a Comment