1/03/2008

And so it begins...

I've been away for awhile. I thought about coming back so many times but I've been so busy with life that every time I started to write something, something else got in the way. Have you ever been there before, when the biggest thing standing in your way, is yourself? Well, it's another year and I'm another year older (I just turned 40 on Jan. 2nd) so I've decided to step aside and get on with myself.

My birthday kind of sucks. Not only is everyone usually broke and hung over, I also get to make new years resolutions and then turn a year older right after them. This year was a little harder, leaving my 30's trailing behind. Everyone makes such a big deal about turning 40 that I sort of psyched myself up to feel horrible so when it actually got here, I didn't feel much of anything. I'm really good at that ya know...not feeling anything. It's this bad habit I've learned to perfect in the last 40 years. Maybe I'll spend the next 40 years trying to break it.

So, a new year's resolution for me is that I am going to start blogging again. I've missed my blogger friends. Hell, I've missed myself. You know when I sit back and think about my life I'm pretty damn lucky. My kids are healthy, I bought a new house a few months back, my husband is pretty decent (hee hee), and 40 is supposed to be the start of the best years of my life. Well, we'll see.

I hope you all had wonderful holidays. I'm here now...and I'm staying. Kick my butt if I waiver on that one OK? I've discovered that everyone needs a good butt kicking every once in awhile.

4 Comments:

  1. Lori said...
    I was so glad to see your comment at my site - welcome back!

    A belated "Happy Birthday" to you. Though our bodies tend to go southward after that '40' landmark, the inside keeps getting better. It's a good place to stand.

    A very joyous, blessed New Year to you!
    kimmyk said...
    yahoooo!!!!
    i knew you'd come back someday.
    happy belated birthday to you NWC! I have missed you and your words and your stories.

    I'm anxious to hear about the kids and how big they've gotten. Your family and how they are.

    All in do time I'm sure, but this is a good day.

    Welcome back girlie!

    and yeah, that whole '40'thing? I did that last March-so overrated if you ask me. Didn't feel any different than 39. Pfft.
    NML/Natalie said...
    Welcome back and happy birthday! I thought "Wow, there's a blast fromt he past!" when I saw your comment. The fact that life has kept you busy isn't a bad thing but it's great that you're back.

    Happy new year to you and your family x
    PG said...
    Yay! Of all the people that come and go from blogging, you are at the top of those that I missed the most. Welcome back, and, Happy New Year!


    Oh, and, Happy Birthday!! I did the same thing when I turned Forty... prepared myself for the worst experience ever... and then, felt little change.
    Other than my eyesight, dammit. Once I hit forty, bam! I couldn't see small print too well anymore. What's up with that?!!!

Post a Comment