9/19/2007

The moments you remember...

KimmyK asked about my step father...thank you for remembering.

He is as well as can be expected. He's in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's but it's strange because he still remembers us. He can't remember how to tie his shoes or get dressed but when when Alice runs to him screaming "papa papa," his arms open wide to hold her as close as he can. Maybe him remembering us is God's way of retribution, at least for now. I am grateful he knows my name, grateful more that he remembers his love for my mom. I can't imagine how hard it would be to watch someone you devoted your life to, forget you.

The value of one's life really can't be measured by the number of moments that happened in your life. The value of one's life is measured by the moments you can remember.

13 Comments:

  1. marco said...
    please visit my blog

    www.marcospot.blogspot.com

    www.extralisis.blogspot.com

    www.darklocco.blogspot.com

    thank you!

    have a nice day!
    kimmyk said...
    Geez Marco. You have a lot of blogs. Most confusing.

    Anyways....

    Glad to hear your step father is doing well. Or as well as can be expected. I'm glad he remembers the important people. It's sad, Alzheimer's. Just sort of takes all the good stuff away. Good to hear he's well. VERY good indeed.
    WDKY said...
    Same from me. I recall my grandparents being in similar states of confusion and it can be upsetting. They made us laugh once or twice too, mind you...
    Lori said...
    And also the moments that others remember of you. When you live a lovely memory that lives in another's heart, you live forever.

    How fortunate that you all still have 'him' with you. Everything else is just stuff.

    Blessings...
    Anonymous said...
    i found you via kimmyk.
    i am thinking of you & your stepfather.
    think twice said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Unknown said...
    I miss you. Are you back?
    Lori said...
    Missing you and hoping you are all right....
    Lori said...
    Just me again.

    Still missing you and hoping that everything is going well in your life and in your heart. Sometimes being away from a blog doesn't mean you have nothing to say, but rather that you are filling your heart so much with life that that takes its place for awhile.

    Wishing you a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. May you find happiness and warmth in this special time.
    Chris said...
    Hi, I can't find any contacts on your blog. Can I ask you to send a note for me? My email is in profile.
    Thanks, Chris
    Lori said...
    I worry about you also...
    Please let us know that everything is well in your world.

    With thoughts and prayers...
    kimmyk said...
    it's been a while, but i just wanted to wish you a merry christmas!!
    Lori said...
    Hoping that you find joy in the New Year and that your blessings are many.

    Missing you..

Post a Comment