11/15/2006

hairy legs

Yesterday I decided to treat myself to a mani/pedi and a leg waxing. I've always thought waxing your legs was sort of...well...high maintenance but when you reach the stage of pregnancy where you can't shave your legs yourself, waxing seems to be the only option left. Seriously do you know how awful it feels not to be able to reach your own legs? Quite honestly, it sucks. I can't put my socks and shoes on, I can't paint my toenails...hell I can barely see my toenails unless I lift my foot off the ground which is kind of dangerous since at this point my balance is questionable. I asked my husband to shave my legs and bless his heart he tried but he used the same technique he uses on his face which left me with tiny bits of toilet paper all over my legs. Not pretty. So I broke down and made the appointment and I'll be honest I had a little apprehension to the pain I knew was associated with waxing. I sat there trying not to think about how much it would hurt but that was near impossible after she ripped the first piece of cloth from my leg. I felt like a complete wimp, after all I have endured child birth but at least after that pain you get this wonderful little person that you can remind for the rest of their life the pain you endured to get them here. After getting my legs waxed all I got was nice smooth legs that I can't feel or see anyway. I suppose I could use this pain as a bargaining chip against my husband because really it was only because of him that I even cared that hair was growing wildly on parts that used to be shiny and slick. Trust me, when you are 9 months pregnant and you can't sleep, can't walk without waddling, can't remember what your pre-baby body felt like...the last damn thing you care about is 'maintenance'.

At least when Patrick does arrive he won't come out and be forever wounded by the sight of his mommy's hairy legs. The things we do for men....

10 Comments:

  1. CeeCi said...
    Funny, I don't see waxing as high maintenance, it's one of the nice things I do for myself.

    I think you were braver letting your husband hack at your legs than having them waxed!!!

    **BigSmoothieHugs**
    ♥ CeeCi
    Helene said...
    I had to come and visit you today as I got an email called empowerment... the photo was the same two dogs you have here only the little one said to the big one... fuck you! hehehe It made me think of you! lol

    Hope all is well there!

    cheers! Kate
    Shannon said...
    oh you are so cute.. I can relate... I remember.. I do! Hang in there... 6 more weeks
    keda said...
    ooh remember that too.

    and waxing sadly does hurt more when you are pregnant apparently.

    i wax every three weeks, so much easier than shaving and now it hardly hurts at all, just feels refreshing and cleansing.

    i have lots of pictures of me pregnant and my legs are fine but my bush really was a bush! there was no way i could wax that then and couldn't even see it till i look back now!
    PG said...
    I agree with Ceeci, I think its all about treating yourself and feeling good about it!
    I try and get 3-4 facials a year, even though I am often too broke to afford them.
    They make me feel so good!
    And your comment about waddling was adorable!
    Anonymous said...
    LOLOLOLOL
    I dare you to get a Brazilian wax job next! lol.....
    great to hear you are pampering yourself too Net..!
    PG said...
    ps.
    I have no way to reach you to give you my new blog....
    kimmyk said...
    LOL. Good for you doing something for yourself. Patrick will be here before you know it and you'll be able to shave your legs for yourself. In between sleeping that is.
    TJ said...
    ...and we men do appreciate all that you go through, even though we don't tell you that as often as we should. :)

    I hope that you're as comfortable as can be in your 9th month--you're almost there!

    Hope you have a great, relaxing weekend--I say go ahead & cash in that guilt chip with your husband and treat yourself to something nice!!
    Caterpillar said...
    I plan even now on being perfectly shaved and bikini-waxed before I go into labor - I don't want to look all gross to all the doctors and nurses and my own husband who are always checking down there!! Seriously, I'd be apologizing to each person if I wasn't perfectly groomed!! :) This is such a cute post!!!

Post a Comment