11/09/2006

decisions



Decisions have never been my strong suit. I usually procrastinate in the hopes that someone else will make the decision for me and if they do, I complain that they made the wrong ones. I suppose when you grow up being forced to make decisions and those decisions often cause you pain, you end up deciding not to decide at all. As I stood there watching my daughter try to decide which pumpkin she wanted to take home I thought about how many more, bigger decisions she'd be faced with some day. When I was a kid no one prepared me for the types of things I'd have to decide, like whether or not to invite my father to my school open house for fear he'd show up drunk or whether or not to tell my mother that my dad was cheating on her after I'd walked in on their secret trist. Some decisions should never fall upon the shoulders of children should they?

After Alice stood there for about ten minutes trying to decide which pumpkin she liked best she turned to me and said, "mommy, you decide." I could only reply, "how about we pick two." Sometimes you have to make the decision not to decide at all.

Happy Half Nekkid Thursday HNT_1

5 Comments:

  1. keda said...
    what a gorgeous picture!

    so sweet.
    i hate making decisions too, so i hear you :)

    happy hnt babe.
    Anonymous said...
    The more I get to know myself
    the better I trust to make the
    right decisions.
    When it comes to pumpkin patches though...it could take all day!
    This picture is awesome...years down
    the road Alice can show this to her kids(if she wants them..lol)
    Happy HNT..hope your doing well.
    ~Tim said...
    I sometimes hear a tiny voice telling me what to decide. And if I choose to ignore it I usually regret it.

    HHNT
    kimmyk said...
    She looks so deep in thought.

    What a precious baby girl.

    2 is good.

    How are you feeling these days?
    Caterpillar said...
    That's so cute to me that she spent ten minutes trying to decide on just the right pumpkin!!!

    I can't believe little Patrick will be here so soon! The last few months have seemed to go so fast in some ways!

Post a Comment