3/16/2007

God Bless the Child

Before, I was angry at God for not letting me take my son home from the hospital the day I was discharged. I can't take those moments that I felt that way, back. I can only stop being angry now. This past Sunday Patrick was baptized. The ceremony means different things to many people but to me it's standing before God and saying, "Here is my child, bless him, watch over him, keep him tucked safely beneath your arms." So now....God and I are sharing that responsibility of keeping my babies safe. I think He forgave me for being angry...after all He's the one who made me human.

7 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    OMG ~ I am gonna cry ~ beautiful ~
    lash505 said...
    great name and he is a doll..I love babies..fun to snuggle with.
    kimmyk said...
    I want to bury my nose in the crook of his neck and smell him in. Babies smell like cotton candy. So fresh and sweet. No matter how old your babies are they still smell that way...

    He is a beautiful boy. You are truly blessed.

    I can't believe my son will be 15 in a few short months. I remember him all shiny and new like Patrick. Boy how time flies. Enjoy these days...
    Lori said...
    I think there are moments when we all feel angry with God about certain situations in our lives. As you said, we are human and he made us that way and therefore, understands. I know there have been moments in my life where I've questioned things instead of having faith.

    Patrick is so beautiful...
    e.e. said...
    Faith is so hard sometimes, isn't it? I can't tell you how many times I've been mad at God this year alone... esp. this past month and a half. I need to have faith that it will all work out in the end, and that there is indeed wonderful moments more to have - such as this one you have shared with us. Thanks, and I hope your weekend was fabulous!
    Southern Sweetheart said...
    What a beautiful baby boy.
    NML/Natalie said...
    Oh he looks sooooooo gorgeous! I can't believe how much he has grown. Makes me feel excited for myself! Congrats!

Post a Comment