9/14/2007

When you are lost...

I've been away for so long, willingly some of the time - not so willingly the other. Time has flown by since the birth of Patrick, he's already 9 months old, but it's always amazed me how sometimes when the rest of life is flying by - parts of it remain still. I suppose it's like taking a picture of yourself, one that shows off your best angle; you tuck it away in a hidden drawer so that sometime down the road you can take it out and remember how one time, you liked yourself. It's not that I don't like the me that's here now, it's that there are parts I liked better before. Ah...anyway, such is life right? Maybe that's why I stayed away from blogging for so long, so I could somehow find that part of myself that makes me grateful that I'm in this skin.

So...while I was away I bought a new house which is pretty much why I've had no time. It was such a big change moving from the city back to the country (well not exactly country but after you live in Chicago anything outside of it is country). I actually have a yard now and we can see stars every night. I never really imagined how awful it could be not to see stars. We take them for granted ya know, but trust me, when they are invisible - you miss them.

I guess I'm back and although I've been meaning to come back for some time, Keda made it real for me. You know...I've really missed this place and all of you.

I'll be back tomorrow. I promise.

7 Comments:

  1. Osbasso said...
    Welcome back, and congrats on all the big changes!
    Lori said...
    I am so glad to see you back! I keep checking now and then and I was thrilled to see your new post.

    I'm happy that you are in a place where you can see the stars and all the other beautiful things out there. I've been to Chicago once and though I was in awe of all the new things I'd never seen before I wouldn't trade them for what's outside my back door.

    So anxious to read more....Welcome back!
    e.e. said...
    Welcome back!!!!

    It's been a while, but life is what happens when your busy making other plans, right? Right!
    Congrats on the new place, and, enjoy those stars.

    I'll be looking up at them with you.

    :-)
    kimmyk said...
    WELCOME BACK!!!
    I can't believe Patrick is 9 months old. I imagine he is walking now? Sitting up on his own? Giving you probably the best open mouth drooly kisses ever! How's Alice? I bet she is being the bestest big sister a brother could ask for. Does she like her new school?

    Are you still driving into the city? There's something to be said for both the city and the country. But best has to be the quiet nights with the windows open and the silence in the country. Peaceful isn't it?

    Glad you're back. You've been missed!
    keda said...
    hey! :)

    i liked to look at myself better without the fatblob. but i like the 'me' with the fatblob better than the myself i liked to look at without it.

    like yourself now sweetie. or make yourself you now with the bits you liked better before. put them back.

    grrr talking pirate's much easier than this. ;)

    i'm SO very glad you are back.
    WDKY said...
    Well... what do you know?

    You took your time... (Patrick's 9 months now? Blimey!)
    NML/Natalie said...
    Oooh! You're back! Welcome back and I am very pleased at all of the good things happening in your life. My bambino is now 4 months old! Time really does fly!

Post a Comment